I titled this "Oliver 11 months" even though he's now had his 1st birthday. The picture is from 11 months, and I'm wishfully thinking that I'll get back on soon with 12 month pictures.
This summer is flying by. Nige got back from 2 weeks away at the moth world championships in Weymouth, England. Many days of the race were canceled due to too much wind, but they managed to get enough races in the last two days. Probably the highlight of the trip was Nige being able to take his moth with him on the plane. From Seattle to San Francisco (as a windsurfer for $150 extra), from San Francisco to London (as a kayak, free!), and back the same routes, free, except for the cost of upgrading to first class from San Fran to Seattle for $50. Got to love Virgin. Nige will be happy to share how to make the bag.
As far as me, not too much to report with this blog, got to experience single motherhood, and now I'm ready for my spa vacation!
Oliver is doing great. Had his first year well-check, was 23 lbs, 15 1/2 oz., 28 1/2 inches long. Took all shots but the MMR, we're saving that for 18 months. He's not walking unassisted yet, but if he gets you to hold his hands he takes off everywhere. We finally got a gate for the bathroom. Too many times I forgot to close the door, and would find him happily splashing in the toilet. He's getting his top molars, now has 10 teeth, and though getting better, likes to try them out on my shoulder. We just got his first passport, ready to go to Aruba in December, than England in February. His first haircut from someone other than Nige or I is happening on Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment